These are characteristics that perfectly describe our students. One of my favorite quotes of all time involves the brilliant words of Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, a thoughtful German writer and statesman. His words perfectly sum up how I feel about taking risks, and it this exact sentiment that I try to share with my students.
"Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back-- Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one elementary truth that ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamed would have come his way. Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now."
I am thrilled to embark on a new journey, starting another school year with a curious, adventurous group of amazing kids. As I started designing this blog I spent a lot of time thinking and reflecting on the name, as well as the purpose of this space. It is meant to be collaborative, and an innovative space for us to gather together. I want this blog to be a space where we can share, brainstorm, and invent. I want it to be a space that supports a green friendly New York City, and cuts down on paper and waste. My hope is that by posting ideas, links, and tools in this space our communication will become more organized and efficient. Most importantly, I want this blog to belong to our students. Their ideas and input will drive its very being, as well as the content that we decide to post. Welcome- I am thrilled to work with you this year.
Our class email address is ms.bouchard3509@gmail.com. Please bookmark this page and use this address for the majority of our communication!

No comments:
Post a Comment