Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Introducing...Hannah Ticoll!!!!!

February 10, 2015

Dear Parents and Students of 3-509,

After four years of teaching, I'm very excited to be taking the year off to study at Teachers College. For the past four years, I was a classroom teacher in French Immersion schools in Toronto where I taught fourth grade, a combined class of first and second grade students, and most recently third grade. Before becoming a teacher, I spent several years volunteering at Frontier College, a national literacy organization that provides free tutoring and other literacy-related activities for at-risk communities. While working with elementary-school children at Frontier College, I became passionate about literacy and decided to pursue teaching as a career.
After teaching for a few years, I decided I wanted to improve my practice by pursuing a Masters Degree. I have always learned the most from watching other teachers and from co-teaching with colleagues so I only sought out programs with internship components. Last semester, I interned in a first grade classroom at P.S. 29 and it was an incredible learning experience. I’m happy to be teaching in 3-509 this semester and I feel extremely fortunate to have been placed with Aimee. 
I am thrilled to be living in New York City this year. I have never lived outside of Canada and I'm excited for all of the new experiences to come.  After living here for only a few months, I am already starting to feel at home and well acquainted with the city. In my free time, I enjoy walking around the city, running and spending time outdoors with friends. I also love reading cooking blogs and trying out new recipes!
            I’m so happy to be working with your children this semester and hopefully I will get a chance to meet some parents too!

Sincerely,


Hannah Ticoll




No comments:

Post a Comment