The time has finally come. This week we are taking the State ELA exam on Tuesday April 14th, Wednesday April 15th, and Thursday April 16th. This kids have worked so hard this year, and I couldn't be prouder.
This week there will be no homework. I told the kids this morning that I want them to get a good night's sleep, have a good breakfast, and plan to arrive to school a little earlier than usual (because nothing is worse than frantically trying to get to the 5th floor). I will start to let students come in to calmly unpack, relax, meditate, and use the bathroom around 8:40. We plan to start promptly at 9:00 each day.
Here are some tips for tonight- make a pump up play list! I told the class that before any race or marathon I run I make a play list of my favorite "pick me up" songs that inspire me and make me feel good (ahem- eye of the tiger, we are the champions, one moment in time). They are ready.
Thank you for all of your support, and as always email me with any questions and concerns.
Ms. B
NEWS/EVENTS
- The State ELA Exams will take place April 14-16th (Tues- Wed, this week)
- The State Math Exams will take place April 22-24tg (Wed- Fri, next week)
- Family Friday will take place on April 30th
CURRICULUM
Reading and Writing: NY State Exams. Students will have time for independent reading after the exams, so please make sure they bring all just right books back to school.
Math: Today we took the preassessment for our next Math unit- Data, Measurement and Graphing. Throughout the week we are reviewing strategies for showing our work and solving multistep problems.
No comments:
Post a Comment