It has been a privilege to work with you this year and watch our amazing kids grow and blossom. I can't thank you enough for your support- from chaperoning trips to volunteering to guest lecture, our class community would not be the same without your ongoing presence. Your collaboration has been the key to our students' success, and their eagerness to learn.
Thank you to Colette and Amanda for being the most amazing classroom parents. Our community was always informed of events and important information because of your efforts, and your organization of special events (book fairs, mystery readers, etc) has given everyone opportunities to get involved. You're amazing.
I was incredibly touched and moved by your thoughtful end of the year class gift. We are excited to use it towards some additional things to prepare for our little girl's arrival! Dev and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Please know that you are all my inspiration to be an amazing parent. Every day I watch you make parenting in New York City look exciting and an adventure that I am ready to partake in. It's not an easy place to live, but you have shown me that the best kids come from our incredible city, and now our little girl can be part of this unique crowd of kids that are so open to the world.
Please keep in touch- I would love to continue to hear about what your families have been up to!
A few last updates regarding the end of the year before I embark on my next adventure...
- Ms. Lampf and Ms. Mackenzie will be coordinating with Ms. Penn (and reaching out to Colette and Amanda) to set up an end of the year picnic for the kids at the water park on the river near 23rd street for June 22nd. Please keep your eyes open for information about this.
- All report cards and portfolio contents will be sent home on Friday June 24th. PLEASE RETURN PORTFOLIOS TO MS. PENN by next week!
- Next Friday June 17th is Field Day.
- Meet your new teacher day is Tuesday June 21st.
- The last day of school is Tuesday June 28th. This is a half day. Dismissal will be at 11:50.
- If you have questions or concerns please forward them to Ms. Penn via a handwritten note directly delivered by the kids, or call the main office.
Have a wonderful summer with your families, and take care!
Much love,
Aimee Bouchard
No comments:
Post a Comment