Monday, March 27, 2017

Updates 3/27-3/31

Hi Families of 3-509,

The time has finally come. This week we are taking the State ELA exam on Tuesday March 28th, Wednesday March 29th, and Thursday March 30th. This kids have worked so hard this year, and I couldn't be prouder.

In preparation for tomorrow I told the kids this morning that I want them to get a good night's sleep, have a good breakfast, and plan to arrive to school a little earlier than usual (because nothing is worse than frantically trying to get to the 5th floor). I will start to let students come in to calmly unpack, relax, meditate, and use the bathroom around 8:40. We plan to start promptly at 9:00 each day.

Here is a fun idea for tonight- make a pump up play list! I told the class that before any race or marathon I run I make a play list of my favorite "pick me up" songs that inspire me and make me feel good (ahem- eye of the tiger, we are the champions, one moment in time). They are ready.

Tomorrow, please make sure they bring layers (to be comfortable in the classroom) and any books they may want to read when they finish.

Thank you for all of your support, and as always email me with any questions and concerns. 

Ms. Bouchard

NEWS/EVENTS
  • The State ELA Exams will take place March 28th-30th (Tues- Thursday, this week)
  • The State Math Exams will take place May 2nd-4th 
  • April break is upon us! We are off from April 8-18th.
CURRICULUM

Reading and Writing: NY State Exams. Students will have time for independent reading after the exams, so please make sure they bring all just right books back to school. 

Math: This week students are learning about fractions on a number line. They will learn the process of partitioning number lines, plotting whole numbers along a number line, and comparing numbers. This week we are starting marathon training for the upcoming math exam! Our marathon whole class focus for the week is on multistep problems involving graph analysis, and in small groups students will receive small group support in areas of needed practice.

Social Studies: We are reading and learning about Folk Tales around the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment